If you are experiencing pimple redness and would like to learn how to reduce the redness of pimples fast, then read this collection of favorite home remedies and tips:
1. Avoid the urge to pick, pop or squeeze a pimple. This could cause the spread of bacteria and you could end up with a permanent scar.
2. To reduce the redness of a pimple, apply ice to the area every half hour. You should hold the ice on the affected area for about 2 minutes. The ice will reduce the swelling and can help with any pain you might be experiencing. Now use a makeup concealer with a tint of green to remove redness and hide the pimple.
3. Apply a mixture of crushed aspirin and water to the affected area.
4. Apply a drop or two of Visine eye drops to the pimple.
5. Take some ibuprofen and swab the pimple with alcohol. It takes a couple of hours for the ibuprofen to kick it, but it relieves the pain and shrinks the swelling.
6. If you're in need of a quick fix, applying a bit of toothpaste to the affected area right before bed can help soothe pain and reduce redness.
7. Pressing and holding a wet tea bag or a cotton ball with a dab of lemon juice against the blemish for five minutes can reduce swelling and redness.
Remember, the best way to control pimples is through prevention. It is important to cleanse your skin 2 - 3 times per day to remove dirt, oil, makeup and dead skin cells. A moisturizer should also be used, if you are using any acne products like benzoyle peroxide to maintain the skin's moisture.